Infection Control Consulting
A severe outbreak of airborne infectious disease is a serious problem for any healthcare facility. At the Institute for Environmental Assessment, Inc. (IEA), our consultants help clients minimize the risk of infection by developing prevention and control policies and procedures.
IEA is an environmental consulting firm based in the Upper Midwest. Infection control clients include schools, hospitals, nursing homes, outpatient facilities, veterans’ homes and other residential and medical facilities. We develop mechanisms to prevent the dissemination of airborne agents that cause infection outbreaks.
Our infection control services
We undertake project design, management and sampling on behalf of our clients. We also provide training to help staff adopt procedural changes. Specifically, we perform services that include:
- Evaluating infection control procedures already in place and conducting infection control risk assessments
- Developing specifications for new or replacement ventilation and air filtration systems, fans and other exhaust handling systems
- Developing infection control protocols and providing staff training
- Monitoring contractor cleaning and maintenance for high risk areas and air handling systems
- Designing temporary and fixed barriers
- Assessing duct cleaning procedures
- Sampling for airborne pathogens, including mold and bacteria
- Testing air quality in airborne infectious isolation rooms, operating rooms and other positive/negative pressure environments
- Commissioning and recommissioning systems
Contact IEA to learn more about infection control for your organization. Call us toll-free at 800.233.9513. From our offices in Minnesota and Nebraska, our health and safety consultants serve clients throughout the United States.