Environmental Due Diligence
The Institute for Environmental Assessment, Inc. (IEA) has extensive experience providing environmental due diligence services. Due diligence is known as “the care that a reasonable person exercises under the circumstances to avoid harm to other persons or their property.” In matters related to indoor environmental quality, it can refer to the identification and resolution of issues related to mold and water before concluding a property transfer.
Due diligence—a good investment
Mold and water damage can lead to costly remediation and renovations for the buyer if discovered after the purchase. The extent of problems arising from mold and water intrusion is not always obvious. It is therefore important to work with experienced environmental consultants to protect the value of the intended property acquisition—in short, exercising due diligence.
Contact IEA toll-free at 800.233.9513 to discuss your needs for environmental due diligence
Our due diligence services
- A due diligence walkthrough includes an on-site visit and facility inspection to document obvious indoor air quality issues such as water-impacted building materials and mold. It may also include interviews with individuals who may have knowledge of mold, mildew and water damage in the past.
- A written report outlining findings and recommendations is included.
- For additional peace of mind, IEA offers several cost-effective sampling strategies that can be added to the basic due diligence walkthrough:
Why undertake the due diligence process?
- Determines if a mold or water problem exists prior to acquisition or purchase
- Documents that indoor air quality concerns have been proactively addressed for new tenants or owners
- Provides a cost-effective means to identify water intrusion and fungal growth in the building
Typical due diligence clients
- Commercial real estate managers and owners
- Real estate agents
- Banks and other lenders
- Real estate investors
- Institutions such as schools and hospitals
Contact IEA toll-free at 800.233.9513 for more information about environmental due diligence and how your organization can benefit. From offices in Minnesota and Nebraska, we serve the upper Midwest and beyond.